What Does This Do?
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- System Requirements:
- Operating System:
Note: 64 Bit versions of the operating systems are not supported.
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 or later)
- Computer: IBM PC/AT or compatible
- CPU: Pentium® III 450MHz or higher (Pentium III 800MHz or higher for Windows Vista operating system)
- Hard disk drive space: 400MB or more
- RAM: 128MB or more (512MB or more for Windows Vista operating system)
- Display: High Color (16bit) or higher, 800 x 600 dots or better (1024 x 768 dots or better is recommended)
- Operating Systems other than those indicated above
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- An environment that is an upgrade of the original manufacturer-installed operating system
- Multi-boot environments
- Macintosh® computers
- Audio tracks purchased from music distribution services on the Internet cannot be converted to MP3 format.
- When converting ATRAC files to MP3 files, the ATRAC files are not automatically deleted. There is a user selectable option in the conversion tool to delete the ATRAC files after conversion.
- OpenMG™ Secure Module must be installed in your computer. If OpenMG Secure Module is not installed on your computer, an error message will be displayed instructing you to install the latest version of SonicStage® software. Click here to download SonicStage version 4.3.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with this utility, save all work and close all other programs.
- Your Blu-ray Disc player needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the Blu-ray Disc player from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
- Download the MP3CONVERSIONTOOL.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MP3CONVERSIONTOOL.EXE file to begin the conversion process.
- At the MP3 Conversion Tool window, click Next.
- Click to select Find all ATRAC files in My Computer... or Convert all ATRAC files in the selected folders..., and then click Next.
Note: The second option allows you to convert files in selected locations other than My Computer.
- At the Select the save folder... screen, select your conversion options and then click Start.
- The Conversion Tool searches for ATRAC format files and converts them to MP3 format.
Note: Depending on the conversion options selected, and the number of ATRAC files to convert, the conversion process may take a while.
- At the Conversion Completed screen, click Finish.