- This update requires that approximately 300KB of memory be available in your CLIÉ handheld and 16MB of hard disk space be available on your PC. Before installing this application, confirm that there is enough memory available.
To check the available memory in your CLIÉ handheld:
To check the available hard disk space on your PC:
- Tap the "Home" icon.
- Tap the "Menu" icon and select "CLIÉ Launcher"
NOTE: Select "App" if using Standard view.
and select "App".
- Tap "Info..." from the App drop-down list.
All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Size" at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the "Free Space:..." listed.
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
- On the Windows Desktop, double-click the "My Computer" icon or select "My Computer" from the Start menu.
- Right-click on the Local Disk (Drive Letter icon) on which you to intend to install the application, and then click "Properties".
- At the "Properties" window, check that the "Free space:" listed is greater than 16MB.
- Click OK to close the "Properties" window.
- Click the X in the top-right corner to close the "My Computer" window.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Make sure that Palm Desktop for CLIÉ handheld software is installed on your PC from the installation CD-ROM supplied with your CLIÉ handheld and that the PC is configured to be able to perform a HotSync® operation.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
The Sony Mobile Connection Wizard 2.1 installation is now complete.
- Download the INST_MCW21US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the INST_MCW21US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for MobileConnectionWizard" screen, click Next.
- Read the Software License Agreement. To accept the agreement, click "I accept the terms of the license agreement" and click Next.
- At the "Choose Destination Location" screen, click Next to accept the default directory (C:\Program Files\Sony\MobileConnectionWizard\) or click Browse and select a new location.
- At the "Select Program Folder" screen, click Next to accept the default program folder name (Mobile Connection Wizard).
NOTE: If you want the Mobile Connection Wizard program icons to be located under a different folder name, type a new name in the input box or select a name from the list of existing folders.
- At the "Ready to Install the Program" screen, click Install.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, decide whether or not to view the readme file and click Finish.
NOTE: If you opted to view the readme file, click the X at the top-right corner to close the window when finished.
IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended that you read the Caution section below, as well as the supplied User Manual for important information about using the Mobile Connection Wizard program.
Confirm a Successful Installation
You can verify installation in by launching the program one of the following ways:
- On the Windows Desktop, double-click the Mobile Connection Wizard icon to start the program.
- Alternately, you may launch the Mobile Connection Wizard from the Windows Start menu.
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Mobile Connection Wizard (or your custom program folder name), and click Mobile Connection Wizard.
How to Access the User Manual
You can access the User Manual either of the following ways:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Mobile Connection Wizard (or your custom program folder name), and click Help.
- Launch Mobile Connection Wizard program. From the menu bar, click "Help" and then click "User Manual."
How to Use
For the detailed information about how to use the Mobile Connection Wizard, please refer to the supplied User Manual or the Mobile Connection Wizard online help. Both of these help documents are available from the Mobile Connection Wizard application menu under the "Help" selection.
If you have difficulty installing the update, contact the Sony Customer Information Center: 1-877-760-SONY (7669).
NOTE: Please follow the instructions when operating this program.
NOTE: Palm OS, HotSync and Palm Desktop are registered trademarks of Palm, Inc. and (or) its subsidiaries.
IMPORTANT: Creating a connection profile with the same name as an existing Network or Connection setting will cause the existing setting on the CLIÉ™ handheld to be overwritten by the Mobile Mgr.
IMPORTANT: When used in conjunction with version 1.00 of the PEGA-WL100 driver, the MobileMgr 2.1 may not correctly indicate the status of a Wireless LAN Connection Profile activation. In some cases, the MobileMgr may incorrectly indicate a successful Wireless LAN Connection Profile activation even though some Wireless LAN configuration parameters are not properly set. This may result in a failed attempt at connecting via a Wireless LAN Connection Profile when using the MobileMgr.
If you have version 1.00 of the PEGA-WL100 driver, please follow the steps below to properly activate a Wireless LAN Connection Profile on your CLIÉ handheld.
To check the PEGA-WL100 driver version number:
- Click the Menu icon, and then select "Info...".
- From the Device drop-down list, "Handheld".
- Click the "Version" details button.
- Scroll the module list to locate "CFWL100 inf" and note the version listed.
These steps will ensure that the best chance to properly establish a Wireless LAN network connection using any normal means supported on your CLIÉ handheld, including via the Connect button presented by either the MobileMgr or the Network Preferences application.
- Follow the instructions provided with the Mobile Connection Wizard to create a Wireless LAN Connection Profile (along with any other desired Connection Profiles) on your PC.
- Perform a HotSync operation with your CLIÉ handheld.
- Follow the instructions provided with the MobileMgr to activate your new Wireless LAN Connection Profile.
- Return to the CLIÉ Launcher and choose the Prefs application.
- Select the Network preferences applet.
- Select Wireless LAN from the Service drop-down list.
- Click Details.
- Click OK on the Wireless LAN Setup form.
- Return to the CLIÉ Launcher.
NOTE: CLIÉ and Memory Stick are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.