- BEFORE installing this update, it is necessary to identify the DVD-RW Drive installed in the computer, which will determine whether or not this update is required. These steps may vary slightly by operating system.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- At the "Control panel" window, click the System icon.
- At the "System properties" box, click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button.
- At the "Device Manager" window, click the (+) sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives category to expand the menu.
- Look for a device listing titled "Pioneer® DVR-103 DVD-RW" or "Pioneer® DVR-104 DVD-RW." If there is a matching listing, please continue with this update. If there is no matching listing, do not continue with the steps below because this update is not for your system.
- Download the PI-402000A01A2.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PI-402000A01A2.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Pioneer® DVD-RW Drive Firmware Update Utility - InstallShield Wizard" box, click Next.
- At the message box with the text "Please eject any CDs that you may have inserted in your CD/DVD drive(s)", make sure all CDs have been ejected from your CD/DVD drives, and click OK.
- At the message box with the text "1 target device(s) is found. Do you want to upgrade all drives?", click Yes.
NOTE: If a message box with the text "After you change the firmware to ver 2.00, you can not change the firmware to old version. Do you proceed to upgrade?" is displayed, click Yes to continue.
- Please wait while the update performs the DVD-RW firmware upgrade.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- At the "Upgrade operation is completed " box, click OK.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now." and click Finish.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Pioneer® DVD-RW Drive Firmware Update Utility is complete.
NOTE: After updating the drive firmware, the DVD-RW drive may be listed under My Computer as a "CD Drive." If this occurs, restart the computer again to change the drive name to "DVD-R Drive."