The sections below list the benefits provided by each version of the Sony Digital Voice Editor software. Each version includes the benefits provided by previous versions.
Note: Different voice recorder models include different versions of Digital Voice Editor on the supplied software installation disc.
Benefit provided by Digital Voice Editor version 3.3.01
- Adds compatibility with the ICD-PX820 series and ICD-SX-750 series digital recorders.
Benefit provided by Digital Voice Editor version 3.3
- Adds compatibility with Windows 7 operating system.
Benefits provided by Digital Voice Editor version 3.2.01
- Adds support for 64-bit versions of Windows Vista operating system
- When used with 64-bit versions of Windows Vista operating system, the Content Transfer software runs under WOW64 for 32-bit compatibility.
- 64-bit versions of Windows® XP are not supported.
Benefits provided by Digital Voice Editor version 3.2.00
- Adds compatibility with additional Sony digital voice recorder models
Benefits provided by Digital Voice Editor version 3.1.01
- Adds compatibility with Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system
- Adds built in CD burning capability
Benefits provided by Digital Voice Editor version 2.27
- Adds the AutoSave function which automatically saves messages from the IC recorder when it is connected to a computer.
Note: The AutoSave function is available only for certain models of IC recorders. For more information, search for "AutoSave" in the Digital Voice Editor help files.
- Adds the V-Up function which automatically adjusts the level of the playback sound. It makes the sound louder only for the low-level parts of a recorded message.
- Improves Digital Voice Editor stability
- Adds the AutoSave function for Memory Stick® media
- Adds an "Easy Search (Backward)" option in the Transcribing Key settings
- Resolves an issue where messages recorded in ST-mode sometimes will not playback
- Resolves an issue where recording a message that is slightly smaller than the available memory still generates an insufficient memory message
- Adds support for the ICD-Px8, ICD-STx5, ICD-SX, and ICD-BM series IC recorders
- Provides support for LP-mode messages recorded with ICD-Px8 series IC recorders
- Resolves a low playback volume issue for messages recorded with an ICD-P series IC recorder
Benefits provided by Digital Voice Editor version 1.2
- Adds compatibility with ICD-BP150 and ICD-BP350 IC recorders
- Adds compatibility with Windows XP operating system
- Adds compatibility with the MSV (LPEC) file format used by Sony Memory Stick IC Recorders
- Adds the capability to divide and combine DVF and MSV (LPEC) files on the computer
- Adds the ability to designate the sampling frequency when saving in WAV file format
- Adds compatibility with 44.1 kHz, 16-bit and stereo WAV files saved in the converted file format from an audio CD
- Adds function buttons that can display Desktop or My Document files and switch between folders
- Retains the recording date of the converted file, which displays when the file is added to the IC recorder
- Fixes an issue where a DVF file saved on the computer would only playback half of the recording length
- Fixes an issue where a DVF file created by Memory Stick Voice Editor Version 2 could not be converted
- Adds "Set/Clear Bookmark", "Go to Bookmark", and "Easy Search (Forward/Backward)" shortcut keys
- Fixes an issue where the counter indicates a faster time than the actual progress, when playing an MSV file
- Fixes an issue where a "This file may be damaged." error message appears when trying to save a file in the Windows 2000 operating system