Why remote assistance?
Sony strives to provide excellent support to you, our customer. To enhance our ability to assist you, we can remotely access your computer to quickly diagnose and resolve your issue.
Terms and Conditions
Carefully read the Terms and Conditions below. If you accept the terms and conditions, enter the 6-digit PIN code provided by the Sony support representative to begin your remote assistance session.
You must read and agree to the following terms and conditions before you click the "Connect Now" button below:
1. You acknowledge when you click the "Connect Now" button below you are granting the Sony® technical support representative permission to access your computer for the purposes of technical support.
2. Sony does not guarantee the ability to diagnose or fix your computer through this Remote Access session.
3. You will have the choice to allow Sony to access your computer via either a "View Only" or "Remote Control" mode. In the View Only mode, the representative will only be able to view your computer screens and will require your assistance to navigate through different computer screens and applications in diagnosing and/or repairing your computer. In the Remote Control mode, the representative will take control of your computer remotely and will be able to access programs and applications without your assistance. In both instances, you will remain on the telephone with the representative while your computer is being accessed and you will be able to see what the representative is doing.
4. Sony may recommend the sending of files from Sony to your computer, or the downloading of software, in order to repair your computer or to assist in diagnosis. You will be notified prior to any such files being sent or downloaded and have the opportunity to decline those. You will never be asked to send any files to Sony, and all downloads will be removed at the end of your remote technical support session.
5. Once the Remote Access session has ended, Sony no longer maintains access to your computer. To initiate another Remote Access session you will be required to contact a Sony support representative again.
6. It is your responsibility to back up any data, software, and other personal files stored on your computer PRIOR to initiating this session. It is recommended you store this information to external media such as a DVD disc.
7. You agree that Sony is not responsible under any circumstances for loss or corruption of your data and/or software. Sony will take reasonable precautions to avoid deletion or damage to the data and software on your computer.
8. Sony does not collect personal data or information during the remote access of your computer; however, this remote session and system data will be recorded and stored for service purposes and shall be indexed with your customer file. You acknowledge and agree that Sony can record and store this remote assistance session.
9. The contents of your computer will remain confidential except as required by law. It is recommended that you close all personal files before commencing the Remote Access session.
10. Clicking the "Connect Now" button has no affect on the terms, condition, or duration of the original Sony factory Warranty.
11. You may terminate this session at any time by clicking the "Disconnect" button.
12. These services are governed by the Premium Services General Terms & Conditions found at www.sony.com/psterms.
Copyright © Sony Electronics, Inc.
All rights reserved.