- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the AIBSYS-00225484-1042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the AIBSYS-00225484-1042.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- If the "Select Language" screen appears, select the language you wish to use, and then click "OK".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "BIOS Update Ver. R0170Y7" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO BIOS Update Tool" screen, verify that the version to be installed is R0170Y7 and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box, click "OK" to shutdown the computer.
- After the computer shuts down, wait for 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.