- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SODOTH-01074301-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SODOTH-01074301-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony® Hard Disk Drive Protection Driver for Microsoft® Windows® XP" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Several setup boxes will briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
- At the "Hardware Installation" box, click "Continue Anyway".
- At the "Systems Settings Change" box, click "Yes" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® Hard Disk Drive Protection Driver is complete.