- If you have performed a clean install of the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system (i.e., installed from a commercial, off-the-shelf, version rather than using the Recovery Wizard or Recovery Media Kit), please ensure that all original device drivers from the Sony support site have been installed on the computer before installing the SmartWi Connection Utility.
- It is not necessary to revert to the original drivers if you have properly installed updates from the Sony support site.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAOTH-00168053-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAOTH-00168053-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Continue".
- At the "SmartWi Connection Utility" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Welcome to InstallShield" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Customer Information" screen, if desired, select "install Desktop Shortcut", then click "Next".
- At the "Destination folder" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Ready to install the program" screen, click "Install".
- At the "InstallShield Complete" screen, click "Finish".
The installation of the SmartWi™ Connection Utility is complete.