- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the MTFOPD-00207815-1070.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MTFOPD-00207815-1070.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" screen, click "Yes".
- At the "MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ880AS Firmware Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Utility" screen, a dialog box appears with a message that the disc tray is closed, eject the disc tray, and then click "OK".
- At the "F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Utility" screen, a message will appear with instructions not to close the tray and not to terminate the program during the upgrade, follow the instructions, and then click "OK".
- At the "F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Utility" screen, a firmware version confirmation appears, click "OK" to start the firmware upgrade".
- At the "F/W Loader Firmware Upgrade Utility Successfully Completed" screen, click "Exit".
- At the "Finish" screen click "Finish".
- If the "Program Compatibility Assistant" screen appears, click "This program installed correctly".
- Shutdown the computer, wait 60 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Matshita DVD-RAM UJ880AS Firmware Update is complete.