- Download the SO-SJFK20C02H404US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SO-SJFK20C02H404US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony CD-R/RW/DVD-ROM CRX830E Firmware Update Utility for Microsoft® Windows® XP" box, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Warning" dialog box, click "OK".
- At the "Firmware Update Tool ver 1.0 for VAIO" dialog box, click the "Update" button.
- At the "Update Confirm..." dialog box, click "Yes" to restart the computer.
- At the "Reboot Warning" dialog box, click "Reboot" to restart the computer.
- Please wait while the DVD RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
After the computer restarts, the firmware of Sony CD-R/RW/DVD-ROM CRX830E optical drive is updated.