- Before running this utility, remove all attached peripherals, unplug all network cables, and remove any inserted PC cards.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOFOPD-00788004-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOFOPD-00788004-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony® DW-D22A DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware Update Utility for Microsoft..." screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Warning" dialog box, make sure all conditions are met, and then click "OK".
- At the "Flash Program for SONY DVD RW DW-D22A" dialog box, make sure the Sony DVD RW DW-D22A drive is selected, and then click "Update".
- At the "Update Confirm" dialog box, click "Update".
NOTE: Please wait while the DVD±RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- At the "Reboot Warning" dialog box, click "Reboot".
After the computer restarts, the Sony® DW-D22A DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware update is complete.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to enable your anti-virus software and other features you disabled before performing the firmware update.