- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAVMS-00899904-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAVMS-00899904-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "SONY® VAIO Media™ Integrated Server Update Utility for Microsoft® Windows..." screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Please wait as the utility extracts the installation files and checks the computer model.
- At "Welcome to InstallShield Wizard for VAIO Media 4.1 Update Program" screen, click "Next".
- If a "Confirm Uninstall" dialog appears, (may appear multiple times):
- Click "Ok".
- At the "Maintenance Complete" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "VAIO Media 4.1 Upgrade Program - InstallShield Wizard" dialog, click "OK" to restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, at the "Installation complete" dialog, click "OK" to restart the computer.
- At the "The server is not running" dialog, click "OK".
- At the "InstallShield Wizard" complete dialog, click "Finish" to complete the installation.
After completing the installation, run VAIO Media Setup to configure the VAIO Media software, and to start the VAIO Media server.