- Download the SO-Z00010801DB.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SO-Z00010801DB.EXE file to begin the installation.
Several setup boxes will briefly appear as the files are extracted. As these processes complete, the boxes will close automatically.
- At the "Information" box, insert the 3½ bootable floppy disk into the diskette drive and click OK.
- Click Finish when the process is complete.
- Insert the bootable floppy disk into the Sony® VAIO® PCV-RS100, PCV-RS101, PCV-RS210, PCVRS220 or PCV-RS221 computer to be updated.
- Turn on or restart the computer. The computer will boot from the floppy disk and the VAIO Recovery Patch Utility will start automatically.
- At the "Is this utility running on the Sony VAIO models PCV-RS100, PCV-RS101, PCV-RS220, PCV-RS221 or PCV-RS210?" message, press Y and then Enter to proceed.
WARNING!!: Do not use this patch utility on a computer that does not display the "Insert Recovery CD VOL 1?" message when attempting to run the VAIO Recovery Wizard. This patch is only intended to fix the "Insert Recovery CD VOL 1?" message with the Sony® VAIO® computers listed above.
- A customer agreement message will be displayed. Read the message and, if you agree, press Y and then Enter to proceed.
- When the patch utility is finished, remove the floppy diskette from the drive and hit any key to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the "VAIO Recovery Wizard" will automatically start from the internal hard drive. Proceed with the "VAIO Recovery Wizard" as normal.
NOTE: Do not Cancel during the recovery process or the computer may not function properly.