- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Close the SonicStage® software, if it is running.
NOTE: If "Run SonicStage automatically when an ATRAC Audio Device is connected" is set, please uncheck the check box from "Tools"-"Options"-"General" within the SonicStage software.
- Download the NW-E50X_V2_0C.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the NW-E50X_V2_0C.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor - NW-E50X_V2_OC.EXE" screen, click "Unzip"
NOTE: The update files will be extracted to the folder "C:\WMFWUPG\NW-E50X_V2_0C".
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor" box, click "OK".
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor - NW-E50X_V2_OC.EXE" screen, click "Close"
- Connect the Network Walkman Portable IC Audio Player to the computer.
- Go to the directory "C:\WMFWUPG\NW-E50X_V2_0C" and double-click the FWUpdater.exe file to begin the firmware update.
- Follow the on screen prompts.
NOTE: Do not disconnect the USB cable during the firmware update process.
- When the "complete" message appears, click "Finish".
The firmware update is complete.