- Download the FD2M15017E.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
NOTE: If the Windows® 2000 Memory Stick™ Floppy Disk Adaptor driver has been installed on the computer, it must first be removed before completing this update. Follow these steps to remove the Windows® 2000 driver. Otherwise, please skip to step 4 below.
- Click Start, and click Control panel.
- At the "Control Panel" window, click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- At the "Add/Remove Programs" window, scroll down the program list and select "Memory Stick / Floppy Disk Adaptor."
- With "Memory Stick / Floppy Disk Adaptor" highlighted, click the Change/Remove button.
- At the "Confirm File Deletion" box, click OK. The Memory Stick / Floppy Disk Adaptor driver will be deleted. Please proceed to the steps below to install the driver for Windows® XP.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the FD2M15017E.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "FD Adaptor Driver for WindowsXP" box, do not modify the existing "Extract Directory" entry (this should match the directory you are currently in), and click OK. A folder titled "Sony_MSFD" will appear in the directory.
- Double-click the "Sony_MSFD" folder to open it.
- At the "Sony_MSFD" window, double-click the Setup.exe icon.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Memory Stick / Floppy Disk Adaptor" screen, click Next.
- At the "License Agreement" screen, read the License Agreement and click Yes to continue.
- At the "Choose Destination Location" screen, click Next to install to the default installation directory (C:\Program Files\MSAC-FD1).
- At the "Select Program Folder" screen, click Next to create a program folder titled "Floppy Disk Adaptor for Memory Stick."
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now," and click Finish.
The computer will restart and the Memory Stick™ Floppy Disk Adaptor icon (looks like a small floppy disk) will appear in the Windows system tray located at the bottom-right of the screen.