What Does This Do?
Improvements over version 1.512:
- Increases the maximum number of channel presets for some regional broadcasters.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 1.514:
- Resolves an issue where color may be incorrect when using an HDMI® connection.
- Resolves an issue where some Cisco cable boxes may stop responding when the TV is turned on.
- Resolves an issue where the picture may not be displayed when using a Sony® BDP-S570 Blu-ray Disc™ player connected by HDMI and using one-touch play.
- Allows for the power-on chime sound coming through the TV speakers (not through the Optical Out) to be turned off in the Setup Menu.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
|How to Check if You Need the Update|
Please follow the steps below to check your television's software version to determine if it needs this software update:
|Download and Transfer the Update File to Your USB Storage Device|
|Updating the Software|
Note: The software update takes approximately ten minutes to complete. During the update process, the screen on your BRAVIA television will be blank. This is normal. Please do not remove the USB storage device until the update is complete.
CAUTION: During the firmware installation process, do not remove the USB device, turn off the TV, or disconnect the TV from the power supply.
Note: If the update does not complete and the the PIC OFF/TIMER indicator is flashing amber, red, and green, please proceed to the following procedure for a possible solution:
|Update Verification (optional)|
Please follow the steps below to verify that the software was successfully updated: