Here are the recommended steps to install Windows® 7 on your computer.
- Purchase a retail copy of the Windows® 7 operating system
- Use the Microsoft Upgrade Advisor tool to determine which version you can install.
- Print a copy of the step-by-step instructions to install Windows® 7 provided below that apply for your computer. You will need to follow these instructions to ensure a successful installation. It is strongly recommended that you read these instructions BEFORE beginning any installation.
- Download the Windows® 7 drivers provided by Sony for your model.
- Although basic system functionality may be enabled with the drivers that come with Windows® 7, Sony provides certain drivers to enhance compatibility and system useability
- You can copy these files to your hard drive or directly to external media such as a CD/DVD, Memory Stick® media, Memory Card or external hard drive.
Note They will need to be copied onto external media when you begin the installation process.
Use the Microsoft Easy Transfer tool to migrate settings and files from another computer if desired.
Courtesy of Microsoft®
Learn the basics of getting started with Windows® 7
Explore the new features to improve your productivity