What Does This Do?
This utility upgrades the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ Player firmware to version M37.R.0238 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version M37.R.0178:
- Adds support for Prime Video service HDR10 content playback
- Improves Blu-ray Disc playback operation
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your Blu-ray Disc player needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Do not operate, turn off, or disconnect the Blu-ray Disc player from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet is straightforward and the easiest way to update your player. To use this method, your Blu-ray Disc player must be connected to a TV and the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your Blu-ray Disc player. You will need a USB storage device with 200MB space available, and your Blu-ray Disc player has to be connected to a TV.