- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAVUD-00264819-0042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAVUD-00264819-0042.EXE file to begin the installation.
- If the "User Account Control" screen appears, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "VAIO Update Ver. 126.96.36.19930" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the VAIO Update Software is complete.