- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAVHD-00266368-0042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAVHD-00266368-0042.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".
- At the "Select Country" screen, select the country for this installation, and then click "Next".
- At the "VAIO Hardware Diagnostics Ver. 126.96.36.1994000" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation" screen, click "OK" to restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the VAIO Hardware Diagnostics Software is complete.