What Does This Do?
This utility updates the AV Receiver firmware to version M41.R.0374 and provides the following changes and benefits:
Improvements over version M41.R.0175:
- Adds support for Dolby Vision pass through
- Adds support for Multi-room Group Sync
- Enables a feature to allow for future maintenance in the Spotify Connect app
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version M41.R.0374:
- Adds support for Spotify Playback on Chromecast built-in, once that service is started by Google.
Note: The Spotify Connect service was already available on the receiver and will not be affected by this firmware upgrade.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Your AV Receiver needs to be connected to a TV to install the update.
- Don't operate, turn off, or disconnect the AV Receiver from the AC power outlet until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, can cause the AV Receiver to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Choose how to install this update
OPTION 1 - Update via Internet Method (Recommended)
The Update via Internet method is straightforward and the easiest way to update your AV Receiver. To use this method, your AV Receiver must be connected to a TV and the internet (512Kbps or faster). If you have a slower connection speed, use the USB Storage Device (USB) Update method instead.
OPTION 2 - USB Storage Device (USB) Update Method
With this method, you use a computer to download the firmware upgrade to USB storage device, and then install it from the USB storage device onto your AV Receiver. You'll need a USB storage device with 150MB space available, and your AV Receiver has to be connected to a TV.