- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the NS300_v120.zip file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and verify that the size of the NS300_v120.zip file is 2.01 MB (2,114,198 bytes).
- Right-click the NS300_v120.zip file, and then click "Properties".
- On the "NS300_v120.zip Properties" screen, verify that the "Size:" listed is "2.01 MB (2,114,198 bytes)".
Note: The "Size on disk:" listed may be different. That is normal.
- If the file size is different than "2.01 MB (2,114,198 bytes)", please download the NS300_v120.zip file again.
- Right-click the NS300_v120.zip file, click "Extract All", and then click the "Extract" button.
Note: If you have file archiving software installed on your computer the options displayed may be different. Extract the installation files to a folder and continue with the next step.
- Use the Network Audio Remote on your Smartphone or Tablet to determine the IP address of your SA-NS300 network speaker.
Note: If you do not have the Network Audio Remote app installed, it's available from the Google Play™ online store for Android™ devices and from the iTunes® App Store for iOS devices.
- Using your Smartphone or Tablet, start the Network Audio Remote app.
- On the Network Audio Remote app, tap "SA-NS300".
- On the Switch Speaker screen, next to SA-NS300, tap the arrow icon.
- Make a note of the IP Address listed (example: 192.168.5.203).
- On your computer, start your Internet browser and enter the IP address of the SA-NS300 into the browser's address bar (example: http://192.168.5.203).
Note: The Google Chrome™ browser is recommended when using a Macintosh® computer.
- At the Sony Network Device Setting menu, select "Software Update".
- At the Sony Network Device Setting menu, click "Update".
Note: Please wait, the update screen will automatically display after restarting. This may take a few minutes.
- Please ensure that "System Update File: NS300_v120.bcd" is selected, and then click "Update".
- Please confirm that "New Version: 1.20" is listed, and then click "OK".
Note: The firmware upgrade process takes about a minute to complete. Please do not turn off the system during the update process.
- The network speaker automatically restarts after the updates completes.