What Does This Do?
This utility updates the Reader™ for PC software to version 2.4.01.10241 and includes the following changes:
- The Kobo Store icon and link replace the Reader™ Store icon and link to enable direct access to the Kobo eBook Store.
- Removal of More Content pages that are no longer supported.
Note: For full access to the Kobo eBook Store, account registration may be required.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Using this software with the PRS-500 requires firmware version 2.0.
- This application will not uninstall nor does it require the uninstallation of Reader Library, though it's recommended that you uninstall that application.
- During the installation of this file, make sure you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- This utility is for compatible Microsoft® Windows® operating systems only. If you are using an Apple® Macintosh® computer please go to the Reader for Mac page..
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause problems with the software operation.
- Computer System Requirements
- One of the following Microsoft® operating systems:
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 8
- Windows® 7 (with Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2 or later)
- CPU: 1 GHz Intel® processor, or better
- RAM (Memory): 512 MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 250 MB or more available
Note: The available space required depends on the total volume of content.
- Display: 24-bit (true color) or greater, 960 x 720 or higher screen resolution
- Supported Content Formats
- Documents: ePub, PDF, Text, RTF, and Word (DOC & DOCX)
Note: Other software may be required to view Text, RTF, or Word documents.
- Audio: MP3, MP4, and M4A
- Images: BMP, JPEG, PHNG, and GIF
- Notepad: Notes (Text Memo and Handwriting)
- Supported DRM (Digital Rights Management): Adobe® RMSDK 9.1 (ePub and PDF)
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
- Download the ReaderInstaller.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the ReaderInstaller.exe file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: Upon installation and launch, the Reader for PC software will prompt you to migrate your existing Reader Library contents and database into the new Reader application.
How to Remove Duplicate Notes or Bookmarks (PRS-T1 only)
- Open a book that you want to delete duplicated notes and bookmarks on the PRS-Tl reader device.
- Press the Menu button and then select Notes.
- At the Notes screen, press the Menu button and then select Delete Notes.
- At the Delete Notes screen, press the Menu button and then select Select All.
Note: Be sure to uncheck original notes so that only the duplicated notes are selected.
- At the top of the screen, select Done to delete the duplicate notes.
- At the Are you sure you want to delete... screen, select Yes.
- Repeat this procedure for additional books that have duplicated notes.