What Does This Do?
- When tuned to some digital channels you may experience a brief (about one second) interruption of the picture and sound when the scene changes, between programs and commercials, or between commercials. This may occur during either programs or commercials.
- White dots or sparkles intermittently appear on the TV screen when displaying the menu or playing a DVD.
- The television freezes momentarily, then powers off and then on. This can occur when the TV is tuned to a digital channel, or when auto-programming.
Note: This issue only occurs with some broadcast channels due to incorrect formatting of service data on the channel.
- Problems selecting an HDMI input on a CEC device using the XMB™ Menu.
- Problems resolving the finest detail issue of some 1080i 60hz film-based content (mentioned in a recent PC Magazine article).
- Intermittent audio on HDMI Input 4.
- Photo Mode issue that may occur when performing slideshow Butterfly - The same picture sometimes continually displays, and the slideshow no longer transitions through the other pictures.
- XMB sometimes does not display.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
|How to Get the Update|
The system software update is specific to certain models and serial numbers.
Please click here to see if a system software update is available for your television.
Note: If you have previously updated your system software to version 2.05r, it is not necessary to install this update.