What Does This Do?
This utility resolves the issue where the computer automatically restarts or generates an error when connected to a camcorder in USB streaming mode. This problem occurs due to a conflict with a certain version of the USB 2.0 driver that comes with the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
WARNING!!: This utility is only for Sony® Digital camcorders that have the USB Streaming function.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the SONYHB2.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
NOTES: Make sure the camcorder is not connected to the computer..
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SONYHB2.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Update finished successfully" message, click OK.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer and begin USB streaming mode.