System Software Update
What Does This Do?
This utility updates the firmware for your mobile A/V receiver to version JR08_xav_1.13.003 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements over version HR10_xav_1.12.001:
- Adds compatibility for the Sony Xperia® Z and Samsung Galaxy Note® II smartphones
- Adds the MirrorLink™ Full Screen mode (Full Screen mode default)
- Adds support for MirrorLink control using the remote commander
- The "Zone x Zone" icon on the home screen is replaced with a new icon used to return to the playback screen of the current source from the home screen.
Note: The Zone x Zone setting will be available in the setting menu instead of the home screen.
- Increased the maximum number of contacts available to store in the phonebook
- Adds support for Voice Command functions (Availability of voice command functions depends on the Smartphone)
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version JR08_xav_1.13.003:
- Resolves an issue where the Source button is disabled after updating the firmware to version HR04_xav_1.12.001
- Resolves an issue where the AVC unit keeps rebooting after updating the firmware to version HR04_xav_1.12.001
- Compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy S® III smartphone using MirrorLink technology
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone may also require an update from Samsung to use the MirrorLink technology
- Compatibility with the GPS by TeleNav® app for the iPhone® mobile device
Note: Requires the RC-202IPV connection cable (not supplied)
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- Press the HOME button, select Settings, and then tap the General Settings icon.
- At the General Settings screen, select Firmware Version.
- At the Firmware Version screen, if the firmware version displayed is JR08_xav_1.13.003 or higher, you don't need this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- This update requires a computer with an Internet connection and a USB storage device that's 100MB or greater.
- The voice command feature (depending on the Smartphone) is activated via the Home key of the receiver. To use the Home key for voice command activation, the Home Key Function setting in General Settings must be changed from ATT ON/OFF to Voice Command.
- The Picture EQ and Aspect settings may change to their default values after performing the firmware update. Please confirm and make the desired changes after the update is complete.
- Do not power off the unit during the upgrade process. Doing so may damage your receiver and make it unusable and require a charged repair.
- To prevent the battery voltage from becoming too low during the update process, it is recommended to perform this update with the car engine running. Before starting the update process with the car engine running, be sure to park the vehicle in a safe place and keep the engine running until the update is complete. This update takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the player to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
STEP 1. Download and transfer the Update Files to Your USB Storage Device
- Download the update.zip file to a directory on your computer, and make note of this directory for reference.
- Extract the update file from the update.zip file.
Note: The update folder will contain one extracted file: SONYXAV.BIN.
- For Apple® Mac OS X® operating systems: Double-click the update.zip file, and a folder called update will be created.
- For Microsoft Windows operating systems: Right-click the update.zip file, and then click Extract All. A folder called update will be created.
- Connect a USB storage media device to your computer.
- Copy the update folder with the extracted file onto the USB device:
- For Mac OS X operating systems: Drag and drop the update folder to the root directory of the USB device.
- For Windows operating systems: Right-click the update folder, click Send To..., and then click the drive letter representing your USB device (ex: E:\).
- The root directory is the drive itself. Just move a file directly to the drive and don't specify a folder.
- The update will not perform if the update folder is not copied to the root directory of the USB device or if the name of the folder or the SONYXAV.BIN file contained in the update folder is modified.
- Remove the USB device from your computer.
- Continue to the next section
STEP 2. Perform the Firmware Update
- Connect the USB storage device containing update folder to your receiver.
Note: Make sure no other USB memory device is connected to the unit.
- Turn off the unit by pressing the OFF button on the remote commander or press and hold the SOURCE button on the front panel for one second.
- On the mobile A/V receiver, press the HOME button, select Settings, and then tap the General Settings icon.
- At the General Settings screen, select Firmware Version.
- At the Firmware Version screen, tap Update.
- To start the update installation process, tap the UPDATE button.Note: The system will automatically reboot several times. Do not shutdown the system.
- The update installation process is complete once the message Firmware Update Success is displayed.
- Press and hold the OFF button on the remote commander, or press and hold the SOURCE button on the front panel for two seconds, to turn off the unit.
Note: Wait ten seconds or more to ensure the receiver is off.
- Remove the USB storage device
- Press the Source button to turn on the receiver.
- The firmware update is complete.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version number is JR08_xav_1.13.003, the firmware update was successful.
- If the version number isn't JR08_xav_1.13.003, delete the update from the USB device (or use a different USB device) and then download and install the update again.