Reader™ Library Software Update for the Reader Device by Sony
- Adds support for the Sony Reader devices PRS-350 and PRS-650
- Adds support for Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese languages
- Improves Adobe ID activation to allow activation without reentering the ID and password
- Makes general fixes to improve stability and performance
Note: Use of the companion Reader Store is based on the user's place of residence (must be U.S. or Canada), user must be 13 years of age or older, and requires an Internet connection (broadband recommended) for online access which may require a fee. Certain titles may not be available for download based on location.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- IMPORTANT: This software is for Apple® Mac OS X® 10.4.11 or later operating systems only. If you are using a computer with a Microsoft® Windows® operating system please go to the eBook Library Software for Windows page.
- This software requires a computer equipped with an Intel® processor, or a PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor.
- Using the PRS-500 with EPUB format files, or with Mac OS, requires firmware version 2.0.
- The software update process takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Books purchased prior to the Reader Store transition to the EPUB format can still be accessed, read and transferred on Reader devices. However, new purchases or re-downloads of previously purchased titles will now be in the EPUB format.
- During the installation of this file, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the eaderLibraryInstaller_3.3.00.07130.dmg file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the eaderLibraryInstaller_3.3.00.07130.dmg file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
The installation of the Reader Library Software is complete.
Alternate Installation Method Instructions
- Within the Reader Library or eBook Library software, click the Help menu command.
- At the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
- Click OK to download the update.
Installation Verification (optional)
- Within the Reader Library software, click the Help menu command.
- At the Help menu, click About eBook Library.
- At the About screen, eBook Library 3.3.00.07130 should be displayed.
Note: If the Reader Library version is not 3.3.00.07130, please re-download the update, and then perform the software update again.