- Automatically monitor your computer's performance on a regular schedule.
- Provide summary reports of your computer's health.
- Locate troubleshooting advice, information, and instructions.
- Troubleshoot performance issues.
- Provide access to easy-to-use diagnostic tools.
- Cross-reference to helpful information located in VAIO Help and Support or online.
- Access the Internet to keep the VAIO Care program updated.
- Connect to valuable services that support a problem-free computing experience.
- New user interface for easier transaction completion.
- Premium tools powered by iolo technologies to maximize your PC performance.
- Properly configured antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and related security programs.
- Routine backups of your data to secure locations.
- Use of support services to consult a Sony-qualified technician about major issues.
- Quickly identify with the security, performance and system settings on your PC.
- Access messages for important information and notices.
- Easily find help and troubleshooting for common issues.
- Learn about VAIO software.
- Access Advanced tools for diagnostics, maintenance and repair.
- Contact Sony Technical support.
- Register your new VAIO Computer.
- Find help to common usage and maintenance questions with our Hot Topics.
- Program Accelerator™ - The program accelerator re-aligns files on your hard drive to speed up the performance of your Windows operating system and programs running on your VAIO PC.
- Memory Mechanic™ - Defragment your RAM to release resources held by closed programs and speed up your computers response time.
- Net Booster® - Optimize Internet connection settings for increased speed and stability.
The options described in Recovery & Restore are:
- Restore Windows - You can reset your computer to a previous, working state without affecting saved files.
- Install Applications and Drivers - You can reinstall the original, factory-installed software programs and drivers.
- Create Recovery Disc - You can create recovery media that can restore your system and settings, in the event of a hard disk drive failure or other system malfunction.
- Recover Computer - You can restore your hard disk drive back to its original, factory-installed configuration. This option erases all personal files, customized system settings, and software installed after the purchase of the computer.
- Learn what VAIO programs are installed on your PC and what you can do with them.
- Find out what programs are available to be installed and uninstall programs you don't want to use.
- Keep your computer secure and running smoothly with VAIO Updates.
- Press the physical Assist button on your computer when the computer is powered on.
- The Assist button is usually located above the keyboard with the word Assist on it. For more information see the VAIO User Guide.
- If you press the Assist button when the computer is powered off, the computer will boot to the VAIO Recovery Environment and display recovery options instead of opening VAIO Care.
- Your system's information, such as model name or serial number, required for all technical support or services.
- Access to contact Sony's online technical support by telephone, chat, or e-mail.
Step 1 (Tools Included)
Use the following VAIO Care Tools to improve the performance of your VAIO computer:
- Disk defragmenter Indicates the number of disk fragmentation issues.
- Disk cleaner Lists the volume of potential issues on your built-in storage device.
- Registry defragmenter Indicates the number of registry issues.
Step 2 (Diagnostic)
To run the Diagnostics Tools, open VAIO Care, click Advanced Tools and then click Diagnostics.
Hard drive issues can reduce overall performance of the computer. Use the Hard Drive diagnostic tool to determine if hard drive issues exit. Contact Sony Technical support if the tool reports hard drive issues.
Note: The Hard Drive diagnostic may not be available for a computer with a solid sate hard drive or a RAID configuration.
Step 3 (Premium Tools)
Use the following VAIO Care Premium Tools is the performance of the computer does not meet your expectation after using the VAIO Care Tools:
- Internet performance Shows the need for optimization of your Internet connection settings.
- Program accelerator Identifies misaligned and fragmented files that slow down your computer's performance.
- Memory defragmenter Identifies fragmentation and leaks in your computer's RAM.
To access this feature, open the VAIO Care application, click VAIO Software and then click Learn about VAIO Programs.
Note: This feature may not be included on all VAIO computers.
- CD drive.
- DVD drive
- Hard Drive
- The Hard Drive diagnostic may not be available for a computer with a Solid Sate hard drive or a RAID configuration.
- Some VAIO computers may not include the Battery Health Checker tool.
Note: An internet connection is required to utilize the chat functionality.
To access the Sony Forum, open the VAIO Care application, click Contact & Support and then click On the Web.
To access the feature, open the VAIO Care application, click Advanced Tools, click Restore and Recovery and then click Create Recovery Media.
To access the feature, open the VAIO Care application, click Advanced Tools and then click History.
If you have the following or similar questions, use the contact information below:
- What if I didn't receive my activation code?
- What if I lose my activation code?
- What if I want a refund?
Important: If you haven't received an email with an activation code, be sure to check your Junk Mail folder for an email from iolo Technologies. Your email program may not have recognized the iolo address and automatically moved it to that folder.
If you have confirmed that you have not received an email with an activation code, have lost or discarded the email, or wish to request a refund for your purchase, please contact IOLO Technologies directly for further assistance.
- iolo Technologies Email Support: email@example.com
- iolo Technologies Telephone Support:
- US/Canada: 888-247-1614
- Other Countries/International: +31 88 0000008