Limitations are based on testing performed on October 30, 2015 on Windows 10 Build 10140
After you upgrade your computer to Windows® 10, the below features may no longer function properly or may be removed from your VAIO PC.
This information applies for systems that originally came with these features.
- The click pad multi-touch gesture function is not supported in Windows 10. The multi-touch gesture function setting will be disabled and removed from VAIO Control Center during the upgrade process.
- X-Reality is not supported in Windows 10. The X-reality setting will be disabled and removed from VAIO Control Center during the upgrade process.
Extended Sheet Battery
- The internal battery and external sheet battery status are swapped in the Windows 10 user interface display. This is a limitation in Windows 10 but does not affect battery functionality.
Sony Sound Effects
- Sony sound effects (xLOUD, ClearPhase, ClearAudio+, S-FORCE, VAIO Sound Utility) are not supported in Windows 10. The Sound Quality setting will be disabled and removed from VAIO Control Center during the upgrade process. Affected models: SVD112 / SVE1112 / SVE1113 / SVE14A2 / SVE14A3 / SVE1412 / SVE1413 / SVE1512 / SVE1513 / SVE1712 / SVE1713 / SVJ202 / SVS13A2 / SVS1312 / SVS1313 / SVS1512 / SVT1112 / SVT1312 / SVT1313 / SVT1411 / SVT1412 / SVT1511 series.
- 2D-3D conversion is not supported in Windows 10. The 2D-3D conversion setting will be disabled and removed from VAIO Control Center during the upgrade process. Affected models: SVL2412 / SVL2413 / SVL2414 series.
Near-Field Communication (NFC)
- There are limitations between the NFC driver and Windows 10. NFC will not work in Windows 10. Affected models: SVD112 / SVF14A1 / SVF1421 / SVF15A1 / SVF1521 / SVJ202 series.
Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
- There are limitations between Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Windows 10. User cannot copy or move any files from an USB portable device via MTP and it is recommended to use Mass Storage Connect (MSC).
Pointing Device Cursor
- Cursor from pointing device will freeze after resuming from (S3) Sleep or (S4) Hibernate. Affected models: SVS13A / SVS131 / SVS151 / SVZ131 series.
Sony App Limitations
Sony Windows Store Apps
- Sony exclusive apps will not be visible via search or browsing in the Windows Store due to a limitation in
- Album by Sony
- Music by Sony
- PlayMemories Mobile
- TV SideView
- VAIO Care
- VAIO Clip
- VAIO Message Center
- VAIO Paper
- VAIO Remote control
- VAIO Scan
- VAIO Tabletop
- Application name is not displayed on the Start screen tile.
Third-party App Limitations
- An error message appears when trying to play a Blu-ray Disc™ movie using PowerDVD with Miracast.
- Models with switchable Nvidia graphics, an error message appears when trying to play a Blu-ray Disc™ movie using PowerDVD with Nvidia graphics. Affected models: SVS13A2 / SVS1312 / SVS1313 / SVS1512 / SVS1513 series.
Iolo® Premium Tools
- Iolo Premium Tools are not compatible with Windows 10. The Iolo Premium Tools features will be disabled and removed from VAIO Care during the upgrade process.
Intel Experience Center
- Intel Experience Center is not supported in Windows 10 by Intel.
Intel Smart Connect Technology
- iSCT does not function correctly in Windows 10 and is uninstalled during the upgrade process, after which a yellow exclamation mark may appear in Device Manager.
Windows Store App
- On certain applications, there may be some problems related to how the app is displayed within the Windows Store.
- The contents of the note are not displayed after resuming from sleep. The application will need to be restarted to resolve the issue.
AMD Quick Stream
- "AMD Quick Stream Error" message will appear during every system boot up. To resolve the issue, either manually uninstall AMD Quick Stream or please visit http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDQuickStreamTechnology.aspx and download their updated AMD Quick Stream Technology application. Affected models: SVE1112 / SVF1441 / SVF1541 series.