Follow these steps to program the remote control.
- Turn on the component to be programmed.
- On the remote control, move the CABLE VIDEO switch to VIDEO.
- Move the VTR 1 2 3 MDP selector to VTR 1, 2 or 3 to program a VCR or MDP to program a laser disc player.
- Press and hold the CODE SET button.
- Using the number pad, enter the component's manufacturer code.
NOTE: If more than one code number is listed for the manufacturer, enter one code at a time until you find one that works.
- Press the ENTER button.
- Release the CODE SET button.
- Point the remote control at the component.
- Press the component POWER button to verify operation.
- If a new code number is entered, the code number previously entered will be erased.
- When the batteries are replaced, the programmed codes may be erased. It may be necessary to reprogram the remote after replacing the batteries.
- The operation of a combination deck of any kind is not guaranteed.
- Some product functions may not be able to be controlled by the remote control. Use the remote control provided with the component.
- In some rare cases, you may not be able to operate your non-Sony equipment with the supplied remote control. This is because your equipment may use a code that is not provided with this remote control. In this case, please use the equipment's own remote control.