- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOFOPD-01182500-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOFOPD-01182500-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony® VAIO® Changer/Recorder Firmware and Microsoft® 1394 Driver Updat..." screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
- At the "Sony Changer FW Update Installer" box, click "Next".
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete," box, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now", then click "Finish".
- After the computer restarts, at the "Firmware Download Complete" box, click "OK".
- Turn off the VAIO Changer/Recorder by pressing the power button on the VAIO Changer/Recorder.
- Wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the VAIO Changer/Recorder by pressing the power button.
NOTE: It may take several seconds for the message "Please Power Cycle your Sony DVD Changer" to close and for the computer to finish starting up.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® VAIO® Changer/Recorder Firmware Update is complete.