What Does This Do?
This program installs the originally shipped WHQL-certified ALPS Pointing Device (Touchpad) Driver.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® ALPS Pointing Device (Touchpad) Driver and Control Utility is complete.
- Download the AL-D51050C02LD03US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the AL-D51050C02LD03US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome to Alps TouchPad Driver for Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP" box, click Next.
NOTE: Several setup boxes will briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
- At the "Alps Touch Pad Driver for Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP has been successfully installed." screen, click Finish.
- At the "Install" box, click "OK" to restart the computer.