- WARNING!!: Before installing this update, be sure the computer is running from AC power. If the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the computer may not operate correctly or at all!
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the PHBSYS-16124100-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PHBSYS-16124100-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "BIOS Update" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "VAIO BIOS Update Tool 1.0.01.10181" screen, verify that the version to be installed is R0231Q0 and then click "Update".
- At the "WBFLASH" dialog box, click "OK" to confirm that the system BIOS will be updated.
- At the "BIOS Update successfully completed" dialog box click the "OK" button to shut down the computer.
- At the "Program Compatibility Assistant" click "This program installed correctly".
- The computer will shut down.
- Wait 30 seconds and then power the computer back on.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the BIOS Update is complete.