When changing the lens, if dust or debris gets inside the camera and adheres to the surface of the image sensor (the part that acts as the film), it may appear on the image (photo), depending on the shooting environment.
Your camera is equipped with the anti-dust vibration fuction to prevent dust from adhering to the image sensor. If dust or debris remains, however, clean the image sensor in the procedure below.
|Before Cleaning||After Cleaning|
|Camera cleaning brush||Air blower|
Video: How to clean the image sensor
- Cleaning can be performed only when the remaining battery icon shows three marks or more. Use an AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately) or fully charged battery.
- Do not use a spray blower because it may scatter water droplets inside the camera body.
- Do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the mount, otherwise the tip of the blower may touch the image sensor.
- Hold the camera face downward to prevent the dust from resettling in the camera.
- Do not apply a mechanical shock to the camcorder during cleaning.
- Take extreme care not to scratch the image sensor. If it is scratched or damaged, it will not be covered under warranty.
Confirm that the dust has been removed by cleaning.
Set the camera to the aperture priority mode, set the F-value to F11 and shoot a white surface or clear blue sky.
Check the recorded image to confirm no dust remains in the area where it used to be.
If it still remains, contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.