What Does This Do?
This software update (version PKG6.2648.0065NAA) provides the following changes and benefits:
Improvements over version PKG6.2414.0040NAA:
- Adds support for the Amazon® Alexa™ app that runs on Amazon Echo™ devices
- Resolves an issue where optical digital sound sometimes stops
- Resolves an issue where the TV speakers and the sound from the PS4 controller are out of sync
- Resolves an issue where frame drops occur and the AV is out of sync when playing 4K HDR 60fps content
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG6.2648.0065NAA:
- Adds support for the A2DP Bluetooth® profile
- Adds support for PIP (Picture-in-Picture) while using an app (watch TV in a small window while using an Android TV™ app)
- Adds support for Hybrid Log-Gamma HDR content via HDMI® and USB/Home network
- Improves the Settings screen to support changing settings while viewing TV (some exceptions may apply)
- Adds support for task-switching (switch between previously used apps and the current app by holding down the HOME button on your remote until the task-switching menu appears)
Applicable Products and Operating Systems
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- All user settings are retained during the firmware update.
- It is normal for the TV set to restart during the update process. The TV set may take longer than usual to restart as it's installing the new firmware.
- To download the update, a USB storage device, such as a Sony® Micro Vault® device, or something similar, is required. If you are using a USB device for playback of photos, music, or videos on your TV, the same USB device type should work for the update.
- Do not operate, power off, or disconnect the TV from the AC power source during the upgrade process.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause the TV to become unresponsive or to require repair.
- After performing this update, it's not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update can't be reversed.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.