Securing the TV (Page 2)
Use a Sony TV Stand
Use a Sony specified TV stand and
follow the instruction manual provided with the
Sony TV stand.
If a Sony specified TV stand is not used, consider
the following recommended measures.
Recommended Measures to Secure the TV
Secure the Stand for the TV
Make sure the TV stand can adequately support
the weight of the TV. Use two angle braces (not
supplied) to secure the stand.
For each angle brace use the appropriate hardware
- Attach one side of the angle brace to the wall stud.
- Attach the other side to the TV stand.
Secure the TV to the Stand
Use the optional hardware listed below (not
- M4 × 20 machine screw (screwed into the
TV’s Table-Top Stand)
- A screw or similar (attach it to the TV stand)
- Rope or chain (strong enough to support the
weight of the TV).
Make sure that there is no
excess slack in the rope or chain.
An alternative way to secure the TV is with an
optional Sony Support Belt Kit.
- Contact Sony Customer Support to purchase the optional
Support Belt Kit by providing your TV model name.
- For United States call: 1-800-488-7669 or visit: www.sony.com/accessories
- For Canada call: 1-877-899-7669