Using BRAVIA Sync with
Control for HDMI
The BRAVIA Sync function on this TV
communicates with other Sony equipment
supporting the Control for HDMI function.
To connect Sony equipment with Control
Use an HDMI cable that bears the HDMI logo for connection. See the HDMI connection shown in the Quick Setup Guide provided with the TV documentation.
Setting the Control for HDMI
The Control for HDMI function must be set up in
order for the TV to communicate with other
Control for HDMI enabled equipment. For other
equipment, refer to its operating instructions.
Available options using Control for HDMI
The following operations are available after you
connect the supported Sony equipment with
Control for HDMI function to your TV:
- Automatically turn off the connected equipment
when you turn off the TV.
- The TV will automatically turn on and select the respective HDMI input.
- The connected equipment is turned on by One-Touch-Play.
- Possible operations with BRAVIA Sync buttons.
- Equipment listed under External Inputs will turn on automatically when selected.
When a Sony A/V receiver with BRAVIA Sync is
connected, the following additional operations are
- Turning on the A/V receiver when the TV is
- Adjusting the volume and muting of the A/V receiver with the TV’s remote control.
- Pressing THEATER on the remote control turns on and searches for an external audio system that supports BRAVIA Sync. When the BRAVIA Sync audio system is on, the internal speakers of the TV will turn off and the Picture Mode will change automatically to Cinema.
- When using BRAVIA Sync, the included remote control will change some of the buttons functions to accommodate control over the device. If the device does not support this feature, some buttons will remain without function.