Digital Voice Player Version 2.1 Updater for the Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE, Windows Me and Windows 2000 Operating Systems
What Does This Do?
This is free, dedicated software for use with the DVF, ICS, MSV and WAV file types used by the ICD-BP100, ICD-BP120, ICD-MS1, ICD-R100 IC Recorders.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This is free, dedicated software for use with Sony® IC Recorder files. This program supports the following file types:
- DVF (Digital Voice file): [filename].dvf
The DVF file is a sound file format used in recording messages on the Sony IC recorder models ICD-BP100/BP120.
- ICS file (Sony IC recorder Sound file): [filename].ics
The ICS file is Sony's original sound file format used in recording messages on the IC recorder model ICD-R100.
- MSV file (Memory Stick Voice file): [filename].msv
The MSV file is a sound file format used in recording messages on the Memory Stick IC recorder model ICD-MS1.
- WAV file (WAV FILE - 8kHz/11kHz/16kHz, 8bit/16 bit monaural file): [filename].wav
The WAV file is a PCM 8kHz/11kHz/16kHz, 8bit/16bit monaural sound file used in recorded sound in standard Windows application software.
- Before downloading and installing the software, please check the system requirements below to determine whether or not this program is compatible with your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- IBM PC/AT or compatible computer (Not for use with Macintosh® systems)
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000
- CPU: 200MHz Pentium® processor or higher
- RAM: 64MB or more
- Hard Disk Space: 20MB or more depending on the size and number of sound files you store.
- Sound Board: Sound Blaster 16 Compatible
For program usage information, please refer Help section in the application.
- IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation.
- Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation, registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Apple and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., registered in the U.S.A. and other countries.
- Pentium is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation is complete.
- Download the DVPSETUP203E.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the DVPSETUP203E.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Welcome" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Read Me File" screen, please read the License agreement, and click "I agree."
- At the "Choose Destination" screen, click "Next" to install the update to the default folder C:\Program Files\SONY\Digital Voice Player 2.0.
NOTE: To install the program in a different directory, click the browse button, navigate to the desired directory, and click "OK".
- At the "Select Program Manager Group" screen, click "Next".
- At the "Start Installation" screen, click "Next".
- A "Readme.txt - Notepad" window will appear. It is highly recommended to read this file before using the Digital Voice Player Ver 2.1 software. Click the X located at the top-right corner to close the "Readme.txt - Notepad" window.
The Readme.txt file can be later accessed at the C:\Program Files\SONY\Digital Voice Player 2.0 directory.
- At the "Installation Complete" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "Install" box, confirm all disks are removed from the drives, and click "OK" to restart the computer.