- Download the USBDRVEN.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
IMPORTANT: If you have tried to install the Windows 98/98SE driver originally supplied with certain models onto a computer running the Windows Me operating system, special procedures are required BEFORE installing this file. Otherwise, please continue with the steps below.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the USBDRVEN.EXE file to begin the installation.
- Open the Sony_usb folder that was created in the same directory to which the USBDRVEN.EXE file was downloaded.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Sony USB Driver" screen, click the Next button.
- At the "Information" screen, click the Next button. Please wait as the files are installed.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, verify that "Yes, I want to restart my computer now." is selected and click the Finish button.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Sony® USB Driver is complete.
IMPORTANT: If you have tried to install the Windows 98/98SE driver originally supplied with certain models onto a computer running the Windows 2000 operating system, some additional special procedures are required AFTER installing this file.