Matsushita® UJDA745 DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware Update
What Does This Do?
This utility will update the Matsushita® UJDA745 DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware. This firmware update improves the reading performance.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
WARNING!!: This firmware update is specifically for Matsushita® UJDA745 DVD/CD-RW drives. Do not run this update if you do not have one of these drives in the computer.
- BEFORE installing this update, it is necessary to identify the DVD/CD Drive installed on the computer, which will determine whether or not this update is required.
- Click Start, (select "Setting" if using "Classic Start Menu") and then click Control Panel.
- At the "Control panel" window, click the System icon.
- At the "System properties" box, click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button.
- At the "Device Manager" window, click the (+) sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives category to expand the menu.
- The second device listed should be "MATSHITA UJDA745 DVD/CDRW" If it is, please continue with this update. If it is not, then this update is not for your system.
- Please eject any CDs or DVDs that may be in the DVD/CD-RW drive before you run this update.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Matsushita® UJDA745 DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware Update is completed.
- Download the MS-4V1040C02KT03US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MS-4V1040C02KT03US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Matsushita® UJDA745 DVD/CD-RW Drive Firmware Update for Microsoft® Windows® XP and 2000" box, click Next.
- At the "F/W Loader UJDA745 ver1.04 for VAIO" box, click OK.
- At the next "F/W Loader UJDA745 ver1.04 for VAIO" box, click OK.
- At this point the drive will be updated with the new firmware. This process may take a few minutes. Do not close the ejected drive until after the firmware update is complete.
- At the windows with the text "Successfully completed", click EXIT.
- Restart the computer.