PEGA-WL100\WL110 Driver Update
What Does This Do?
This utility installs the PEGA-WL100\WL110 Driver Update to add the following enhancements:
- Displays the MAC address in the "Wireless LAN Detailed Settings" window.
- Adds compatibility for more Wireless Access Points.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This update application requires that you have approximately 300KB of available memory in your CLIÉ handheld. Before installing this application, follow these steps to confirm that there is enough memory available.
- Tap the "Home" icon.
- Tap the "Menu" icon and select "App".
- Tap "Info..." from the App drop-down list. All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Size" at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the "Free Space:..." listed.
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Make sure that Palm™ Desktop for CLIÉ software is installed on your PC from the installation CD-ROM supplied with your CLIÉ handheld and that the PC is configured to be able to perform a HotSync® operation.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the WL100_ENUS.PRC file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- WARNING!!: Please perform a soft reset on your CLIÉ ™ handheld BEFORE performing the update installation by pressing the small reset button on the left side of your CLIÉ™ handheld. For more detailed information, refer to the CLIÉ ™ Read This First manual.
- On your PC, start the Palm® Desktop for CLIÉ™ software.
- Click the Install icon. The Install tool wizard starts.
- At the "Install Tool" window, select the appropriate user name from the user list.
- Click "Add."
- Navigate to the location to which you saved the update file.
- Select the application file "WL100_ENUS.PRC" and click "Open."
- Click "Done."
- Place your CLIÉ ™ handheld on the cradle, and perform a HotSync® operation.
- After the HotSync operation finishes, you are prompted to reset your CLIÉ ™ handheld.
- Tap "Reset."
NOTE: When installing the WL100_ENUS.PRC update file from a Memory Stick® media, it is necessary to perform a soft reset of the CLIÉ™ handheld after the installation.
Confirm a Successful Installation
- Tap the "Home" icon on the CLIÉ™ handheld.
- Tap the "Menu" icon, and select "App".
- Tap "Info" from the App drop-down list. All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Version" at the bottom of the screen. The software version for each item is displayed.
- Scroll down the list and confirm that the CF WL100inf file is version 1.20.
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
NOTE: If the version number is not 1.20, re-download the WL100_ENUS.PRC and install it again.
If you have difficulty installing the update, contact the Sony Customer Information Center: 1-877-760-SONY (7669).
Please read following conditions carefully.
- Please follow the instructions when operating this program.
- Palm, Palm OS and HotSync are trademarks of Palm, Inc. and (or) its subsidiaries.
- CLIÉ, Memory Stick and Sony are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- Copyright 2003 Sony Electronics, Inc.