Sony® Giga Pocket® Update Program and Sony® Advanced MPEG Encoder Board Driver
What Does This Do?
This utility installs the Sony® Giga Pocket® Update Program and the Sony® Advanced MPEG Encoder Board Driver to resolve the following issues:
- The Timer Recording application does not work.
- An error message is displayed when attempting to change Timer Recording settings.
- The Giga Pocket Explorer cannot change a Video Capsule's name.
- A database error occurs when moving several large-size Video Capsules at the same time.
- Video Capsules become corrupted when moving a Video Capsule and the process is cancelled.
- The sound mode selected to record the Video Capsules is incorrect when recording videos with the Giga Pocket software.
This update also provides the following improvements:
- Implements compatibility with the Sony RoomLink™ PCNA-MR10 Network Media Receiver.
- Enhances compatibility with the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system Service Pack 2.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the SO-Q52600801G204US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SO-Q52600801G204US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the License Agreement dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
Please wait for this update to install Sony MPEG Encoder Board Driver. The Giga Pocket Update program will launch after Sony Encoder Board Driver is installed.
- At the "Giga Pocket 5.0.04.Update Program" box, click OK.
- If a "Confirm File Deletion" dialog box appears, click Yes.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Giga Pocket" screen, click Next.
- At the "InstalShield Wizard Complete" screen , click Finish.
Installation of the Giga Pocket 5.0.04 Update and the Sony® Advanced MPEG Encoder Board Driver is complete.
5.0.04.05260 and 188.8.131.5290