CLIÉ Handheld System Update
What Does This Do?
This update installs the latest system software and does the following:
- Default device settings
- Accessing Memory Stick Media
- Problems during beam operations
- Device speaker and bus boost control not responding during auto play
- LED screen lights while playing audio files
- Noise during MP3 audio playback (same as System Noise Reduction Update)
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This update application requires that you have approximately 15 KB of available memory in your CLIÉ™ handheld. Before installing this application, confirm that there is enough memory available.
To check the available memory in your CLIÉ™ Handheld:
- Tap the "Home" icon
- Tap the "Menu" icon and select "App"
- Tap "Info" from the App drop-down list
- Tap the "Size" icon at the bottom of the screen
- Tap the "Done" button to exit
- During the installation of this update, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- Make sure that Palm™ Desktop for CLIÉ™ software is installed on your PC from the installation CD-ROM supplied with your CLIÉ™ handheld and that the PC is configured to be able to perform a HotSync® operation. (For the detailed information about HotSync, refer to the CLIÉ™ Read This First manual.)
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the SYSUPDATEPACKT665C.PRC file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- WARNING!!: Please perform a soft reset on your CLIÉ™ handheld BEFORE performing the update installation by pressing the small reset button on the back of your CLIÉ™ handheld. For more detailed information, refer to the CLIÉ™ Read This First manual.
- On your PC, launch the Palm Desktop® software for CLIÉ™ Handheld.
- Click the Install icon.
- At the "Install Tool" window, select the desired username from the user list.
- Click the "Add..." button.
- Navigate to the location to which you saved the update file.
- Select the application file "SYSUPDATEPACKT665C.PRC" and click "Open."
- Click the "Done" button.
- Place your CLIÉ™ handheld in the cradle and perform a HotSync operation.
- After the HotSync operation finishes, you are prompted to reset your CLIÉ™ handheld. Tap "Reset."
NOTE: When installing the SYSUPDATEPACKT665C.PRC update file from a Memory Stick® media, it is necessary to perform a soft reset of the CLIÉ™ handheld after the installation.
Confirm a Successful Installation
- Tap the "Home" icon on the CLIÉ™ handheld.
- Tap the "Menu" icon, and select "App".
- Tap "Info" from the App drop-down list. All internal data information is displayed.
- Tap "Version" at the bottom of the screen. The software version for each item is displayed.
- Scroll down the list and confirm that the following filenames and versions are displayed:
- 68VZ328RefSerial 1.0.1
- DspHandlerPatch 1.0
- RegSetPatch 1.0
- Tap the "Done" button to exit.
NOTE: If the files and versions above are not listed, please download and install the update again.
If you have difficulty installing the update, contact the Sony Customer Information Center: 1-877-760-SONY (7669).
Please read following conditions carefully.
- Please follow the instructions when operating this program.
- Palm OS, HotSync and Palm are trademarks of Palm, Inc. and (or) its subsidiaries.
- Sony, CLIÉ and Memory Stick are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- Copyright 2003 Sony Corporation.