- Download the SONYCAP.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SONYCAP.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony Motion Eye Video Capture Device Driver - Welcome" box, click Continue. A Command Prompt box will appear as the files are installed. Once finished, the Command Prompt box will close automatically.
- At the "Digital Signature Not Found" box, click Yes to continue the installation.
NOTE: If a Severe error: "Unable to launch..." appears, verify that you have installed Windows 2000 in C:\WINNT. If Windows 2000 is not installed in C:\WINNT, you will need to manually install the Motion Eye drivers. Click OK to close the "Severe" box, and then continue with the Known Issues section to manually install the Motion Eye drivers.
- At the "Setup Complete" screen, select "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" and then click Finish.
After the computer restarts, the installation of the Motion Eye driver is complete.
If it is necessary to install the Sony MOTION EYE Video Capture Device Drivers again, you will need to first remove the SONYCAP.EXE installation files. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the directory where the SONYCAP.EXE file was downloaded and double-click it.
- At the "Sony Motion Eye Video Capture Device Driver - Welcome" box, click Continue.
- At the "Setup" box, select "Remove" and then click Next.
- At the "Confirm File Deletion" window, click OK to remove all of its components.
NOTE: If a "ReadOnly File Detected" message box appears, click the box next to "Don't display this message again" to check it and then click Yes.
- At the "Maintenance Complete" screen, click Finish.
The SONYCAP.EXE file can now be reinstalled.