Uninstall Tool for Picture Package® and ImageMixer™ Version 1.5 Software
What Does This Do?
The Picture Package® and ImageMixer™ version 1.5 software supplied with some Cyber-shot® cameras and Handycam® camcorders are not compatible with the Microsoft® Windows Vista® operating system. For users who have installed these programs on a computer using Windows Vista operating system, Sony is providing this uninstall tool.
If you have tried to uninstall the Picture Package or ImageMixer software using the "Uninstall or change a program" utility in Windows Vista operating system, related incompatible programs such as the SONY DVD Handycam USB Driver may not have been deleted.
Please use this uninstall tool to completely delete the incompatible programs.
Software to be Uninstalled
- Picture Package version. 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.2.1 / 1.5 / 1.5.1 / 1.6 / 1.6.1 / 1.7 / 1.8 / 1.8.1
- ImageMixer version 1.5 for Sony / 1.5 for DVD Handycam
NOTE: With a few exceptions, related programs that were installed with the Picture Package or ImageMixer software will also be uninstalled.
IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- When using this utility, be sure that you are logged in as the Administrator or as a user with Administrative rights.
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the uninstall tool, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the uninstall process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Click the "Download Now" link at the top or bottom of this page.
- Read the agreement, then, if you agree, click the checkmark in the "Accept Agreement" box to continue with the download.
- Download the PicturePackageUninstaller_update0807f.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the PicturePackageUninstaller_update0807f.exe file to begin the uninstallation.
- Under "Status", "The applicable programs have been checked." appears, and programs that can be uninstalled are shown in the grayed-out text "xxxxx has been uninstalled.". Check the programs and then click "Start".
- Uninstallation of applicable programs starts.
- During the uninstall process, you will need to click the button to proceed to the next screen several times. Please follow the on-screen prompts carefully to complete the uninstall.
- When the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen appears during the uninstallation, please be sure to select "No, I will restart my computer later." and then click "Finish" to proceed.
- If you click "Cancel" on the "InstallShield Wizard" screen, the uninstallation in progress will be canceled. However, if there are other programs to be uninstalled, the next "InstallShield Wizard" screen pops up. To cancel the uninstallation of all the programs, please click "Cancel" on all screens.
- Canceling from the "InstallShield Wizard" screen may leave parts of the program in the computer. To delete the program completely, please run the uninstall tool again.
- When all applicable programs have been uninstalled, a message prompting you to restart the computer will appear. Click "OK" to restart the computer.