- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the MC5UPDATER.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MC5UPDATER.EXE file to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to extract the file to the desired location.
- At the "WinZip Self-Extractor - MC5UPDATER.EXE" dialog, click the "Browse" button to locate and select the desired location to save the extracted file, then click "Unzip".
- At the "3 file(s) unzipped successfully" dialog, click "OK", and then click "Close".
- The "SNDF8U41.DA1" file should now be saved to a temporary or download directory. Please copy this file from the temporary or download directory to the memory card or use your CD burning software to record the file to a blank CD-R/RW.
Note: The "SNDF8U41.DA1" file must be recorded to the root directory of the memory card or CD-R/RW. Do not create a folder or save the file in a folder on the memory card or CD-R/RW.
After saving the "SNDF8U41.DA1" file to the memory card or recording to a blank CD-R/RW, you are ready to update the software on the DVDirect drive.