- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAVUD-00218374-0042.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAVUD-00218374-0042.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "User Account Control" window, click "Yes".
- At the "VAIO Update 5" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for VAIO Update 5" screen, click "Next".
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, click "Finish".
- At the "Finished" screen, click "Finish".
The installation of the VAIO Update 5 Software is complete.