- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the KMFOPD-01041900-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the KMFOPD-01041900-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Matshita® UJ-822 DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware Update for Microsoft..." screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "F/W Loader UJ-822BDa for VAIO V1.51" dialog box, push the Eject button on the optical drive to open the Disc Tray.
- Confirm that the Optical Drive Tray is open and then click "OK".
- At the "Confirm the following items..." screen, click "OK".
- At the "To start firmware upgrade..." screen, click "OK".
NOTE: Please wait while the DVD-RW drive firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- At the "Successfully Completed" screen, click "Exit".
- Shut down the computer.
- Wait 30 seconds, then power on the computer.
After the computer restarts, the Matshita® UJ-822 DVD±RW Optical Drive Firmware Update is complete.