- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the KMFOPD-01103400-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the KMFOPD-01103400-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Matshita® UJ-832D for Microsoft® Windows® XP" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
- At the "F/W Loader for VAIO UJ-832 V1.03" screen, open the disc tray and then click "OK".
- Read the "Firmware Update" notes screen, and then click "OK" to proceed.
- At the "To start firmware upgrade..." screen, click "OK" to start the firmware upgrade.
NOTE: Please wait while the DVD-RW firmware is flashed.
WARNING!!: Do not interrupt the update process, as it may damage the drive.
- When the firmware update is completed, a confirmation screen will appear. Click "Exit" to close the utility.
- Close the disc tray and restart the computer.
After the computer restarts, the Matshita® UJ-832 DVD Writer Optical Drive Firmware Update is complete.