- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- Download the SOAOTH-01192100-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the SOAOTH-01192100-US.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the "Sony® Power Management Settings Utility for Microsoft® Windows® XP" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I Agree" to continue with the installation.
NOTE: Several setup boxes may briefly appear during the installation. As the files are installed, these boxes will close automatically.
- At the "Power Management Control Setup" screen, select "Turn Off Power Management" and then click "Next".
- At the "Power Management Control Setup Complete" screen, click "Finish".
- Unplug the AC power adapter from your notebook computer.
- Leave the computer on until the battery is completely drained. When the battery is completely drained, the computer will shut down.
NOTE: This time will vary, depending on the capacity of the battery installed.
- When the computer shuts down, plug in the AC Adapter and charge the battery for at least eight (8) hours.
NOTE: It is recommended to allow the battery to charge overnight.
IMPORTANT: After fully charging the battery, be sure to follow the steps below to re-enable power management.